Local Resources for Grieving Families and Friends
The Parmenter Foundation
Resources for bereaved:
The Children’s Room
As the leading nonprofit in Massachusetts serving grieving children, teens, and families, the Children’s Room provides workshops, trainings, consultations, and crisis response.
The Children’s Room also offers virtual grief support services for children and families, for schools, and for community organizations. Services include peer support groups, parent groups, teen programs, and Family Night. Consultations and referrals are also provided.
3 Things that Make Jeff’s Place Unique
- They focus on the whole family; all members attend together and receive group support. These sessions have a direct, profound, life-changing impact on the families.
- Each group is led by a clinician and an extensively trained volunteer who both specialize in grief, assuring that families get the most out of their time at Jeff’s Place.
- Jeff’s Place Founding Director, Jenny Kaplan PhD, is the Primary Investigator for an international research study evaluating the reliability and validity of the Inventory of Youth Adaptation to Loss (IYAL) as an assessment instrument of youth coping with grief and their social support relationships.
The MRP Project
Resources for bereaved
- 7 Tips for Coping with Loss
- Life is 10% What Happens to Us and 90% How We React
- What are Grief Triggers and Tips for Coping
- Grief Can Be Debilitating
- Secondary Losses During Grief
- Music Can Help with Grief
- Journaling through Grief
- Taking Care of Your Body while Grieving
- Grieving Parents Need to Engage in Self-Care
Resources for loved ones/friends of bereaved